martes, 9 de junio de 2009

“A Journey of a Lifetime” - FCE consolidation

Thanks Eduardo P. for sharing this composition. Lovely! And good luck on Saturday!

When I started on the Journey, I had no idea what was going to happen.
What began as a short trip ended up as a lifetime story.

It was June 2nd when I first arrived at Edinburgh Airport.
I checked in at a cheap hostel called “backpackers” and then I began to wander with the idea of seeing the city. I came across an old red-bearded man. We started to talk and soon it was almost midnight. We said goodbye and split in opposite directions.

As days went by, I visited each recommended place worthseeing in the city. I was dazzled by its history, battles and by the whisky culture. Although I enjoyed every moment, I knew that something was missing.

On my last day in the city, I was walking to the Airport and there he was. Still as a Greek Monument, staring at me. He approached me and said: “Stay, you won’t regret it”. And he faded away.
So I listened to him. And here I am. 30 years later, married to my beautiful Scottish wife, with 3 children and retired.

Some will call it “chance”. I prefer to call it “Fate”

1 comentario:

Noelí.- dijo...

mami me contó recién de la composition y vine a verla.
de verdad que está muy linda =)

besos, martuchi!